University of the Witwatersrand (WITS) Residence Application
How to apply for accommodation in a WITS residence
New Undergraduate students to the University
- If you wish to apply for residence, please take note of the following:
NB: The closing date for all applications is 30 September each year. Late applications will not be accepted.
- You will receive a questionnaire which requires you to make a room selection; this form must be completed and returned to the Central Accommodation office together with the non-refundable residence application fee of R110.00 or R610.00.
- If you are offered University accommodation, deposit of R950.00 must be paid as confirmation of your acceptance of a place in residence. This deposit must be paid within the stipulated time after you have been offered a place in residence.
All applicants need to pay the deposit regardless of whether or not they have a bursary.
- Before you are admitted to a residence, you will be required to pay 20% of your residence fees for the year.
- Bursary students must provide proof of their bursary upon regis
- To apply for residence click here
Students who are presently at Wits, but not residing in residence
- Application forms are completed online, for further enquires please contact the Central Accommodation Office.
- The closing date for undergraduates is 30 September and for postgraduates, 30 November.
- Upon receiving an offer of a place in residence, pay your R950.00 deposit into your student fees account, as confirmation of your acceptance of the place. (If this deposit is not paid within the stipulated time, the offer will be withdrawn)
Students currently residing in residence
- Readmission to University accommodation for a subsequent year is not automatic. A student’s academic and disciplinary records are taken into account when readmission applications are considered.
- Application forms for readmission are available online and must be completed by 30 September.
- Should you wish to transfer to another residence this may also be indicated on your readmission form. However, you should also ensure that your name is on the waiting list of the residence to which you wish to transfer.
- Late applications will not be accepted.
Postgraduate Students (New to Wits)
- Residence applications are done online – click here to apply.
- Once you have been offered accommodation, you will need to pay an acceptance deposit of R950 as indicated in the offer letter.
- The closing date for accommodation applications is 30 November.
Wits residence fees
- Download the Residence Fees Booklet here.
– See more at: https://www.wits.ac.za/accommodation/applications/#sthash.guHUsBaA.dpuf