VACANCY FOR TEMPORARY STUDENT FLOORWALKERS: OLIEWENHUIS ART MUSEUM
Oliewenhuis Art Museum is seeking dedicated and motivated students to ensure the safety and security of all artworks on exhibition.
The National Museum, Bloemfontein invites applications for the following position:
TEMPORARY STUDENT FLOORWALKERS: OLIEWENHUIS ART MUSEUM
Oliewenhuis Art Museum is seeking dedicated and motivated students to ensure the safety and security of all artworks on exhibition. The students should be able to interact professionally with visitors, effectively handle queries from visitors, have knowledge of visual art and have the ability to communicate with people of diverse backgrounds and ages. The successful candidates will work in shifts on an intermittent basis during the week and over weekends.
- Visual Art qualification and or currently studying towards one.
- Practical knowledge and or experience of visual art and heritage would be an advantage.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to communicate in English and Sotho.
- Ability to speak comfortably in front of small and large groups of people.
- Ability to physically accompany people and lead tours around the Museum.
- A friendly outgoing personality and the ability to communicate with people of diverse backgrounds and ages.
- Enthusiasm and a willingness to learn and to do basic research on temporary and permanent exhibitions.
- An energetic, resourceful and flexible approach to the requirements of the position.
Key Performance Areas:
- Ensuring the safety and security of all artworks on exhibition
- Professional interaction with visitors and effective handling of queries regarding Oliewenhuis Art Museum, temporary and permanent exhibitions
- Conducting Guided Tours to school and other groups
- Verbally marketing Oliewenhuis Art Museum and all its activities
- Assistance with general administration, exhibitions, projects and events, including after hour events.
Application forms available from the National Museum or our website atunder Vacancies.
Closing date: 22 May 2017
Enquires: 051- 4479609 or
The National Museum is an equal opportunity employer committed to developing a diverse workforce. Preference will be given to candidates who promote representivity in terms of the Employment Equity Act. If the National Museum has not contacted applicants within four weeks of the closing date, please consider application unsuccessful.