Vacation Work at Webber Wentzel
If you would like to gain practical work experience at one of South Africa’s top full-service corporate law firms, apply to join the Webber Wentzel vacation work programme.
The vacation work programme is aimed at:
- offering law students an opportunity to experience the law in practice at Webber Wentzel
- identifying potential candidate attorneys to join our firm.
The vacation work programme at Webber Wentzel consists of presentations, assignments and job shadowing in our legal practice groups. As a vacation work student you will get to know the Webber Wentzel people on a professional and social level as Partners, senior associates, associates and candidate attorneys from Webber Wentzel all participate in the programme..
See What We Do to get a glimpse of our areas of practice.
The firm is divided into various practices which bring together teams harnessing the skills in the context of relevant knowledge, experience and understanding of the priorities facing our clients.
As you would expect from a premier firm such as Webber Wentzel, we are a full service corporate law firm offering expertise in legal areas including Dispute Resolution, Banking and Finance, Mergers & Acquisitions, Tax and Project Finance.
We are also well established to offer clients significant assistance with their work outside of South Africa’s borders through the technical competency and experience of our Africa practice.
How to apply for Vacation Work at Webber Wentzel
Our vacation work programmes are hosted during the winter (June/July) and summer (November/December) vacations in our Johannesburg and Cape Town offices. We host two vacation work programmes per season, for a week each. We ask that you apply for the vacation programmes for the office in which you intend to complete your articles.
Unfortunately applications are currently closed.
Requirements for consideration:
- South African citizen or permanent resident
- Studying at a South African Institution
- Registered for the second/penultimate year of study towards an LLB degree or final year for BA/BCom Law (with the intention of pursuing an LLB)
- Maintain a minimum 65% academic average (academic excellence)
We require the following to accompany your application:
- academic transcripts of LLB degree up to and including November in the last completed year of study
- academic transcripts of any undergraduate qualification (and any other relevant qualifications)
- matric certificate
- copy of ID
Note: Only online applications will be considered. Email applications will not be processed.
If you have any queries please contact the Webber Wentzel Graduate Recruitment team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Phindile Hlabangane | Graduate Recruitment Manager
+27 11 530 5432
Nokwazi Sibiya | Graduate Recruitment Consultant
+27 11 530 5323