Walter Sisulu University ( WSU ) Quality Management
The Quality Management Directorate (QMD) is responsible for quality management, quality enhancement, quality promotion and quality assurance for the entire university in both academic and support services. Besides the general educational role of QMD in which the entire university community needs to be made aware of quality assurance activities within each functional unit and between all units, departments and individual offices, the QMD has structured approaches to quality promotion and quality enhancement at WSU which include, inter alia,
- Internal programme reviews
- Preparation for the Programme Accreditation.
- National reviews of selected academic programmes by the DHET/CHE
- Self assessment of academic departments
- Self assessment of support services departments
- Implementation of the students quality literacy plan
- General institution wide awareness campaign on issues of quality.
- Preparation of WSU for accreditation of programmes by the relevant professional bodies like ECSA, SACQSP, HPCSA, etc.
- Regular revision of the QMD vision, mission, values, goals, objectives and the compilation and implementation of annual priorities.
VISION ON QUALITY MANAGEMENT
QMD will be a leading centre of excellence in providing an integrated quality management system at WSU.
MISSION OF QUALITY MANAGEMENT
In pursuing of its vision the QMD will:
- Develop and enhance Integrated Quality Management Systems (IQMS) with regard to learning and teaching, research, community engagement and support services
- Inculcate and sustain a culture that encourages high standards
- Provide professional quality management services
- Ensure compliance with regulatory frameworks, relevant benchmarks and other best practices.
CORE VALUE ON QUALITY
We commit to institution-wide quality management, value and reward excellence and uphold and protect the integrity of the University.
GOALS ON QUALITY
The goal of WSU on quality is to promote a culture of quality and integrity throughout the institution.
OBJECTIVES ON QUALITY
- To embed quality in all programmes, services, processes, and systems of the institution
- To maintain acceptable standards of quality in teaching and support services
- To develop and implement a plan for monitoring, evaluating and reporting on learning and teaching as well as all other activities