Western Cape Provincial Treasury Bursary South Africa
ABOUT THE BURSAR
The Western Cape Government established the external bursary programme in 2001 as a way to help disadvantaged students fund their studies. The bursary aims to equip students with skills that are required in the job force.
ABOUT THE BURSARY
The bursary will be awarded to students that are currently studying (undergraduate or postgraduate) or intend on studying (Matrics) in one of the following fields:
- Asset Management (Physical Asset Management/ Supply Chain Management)
- Corporate Governance (Business and Public Administration/ Corporate Finance/ Risk Management)
- Fiscal and Public Policy
- Public Finance
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying:
- South African citizen,
- Between the ages of 17 and 35 years old,
- Residing in the Western Cape,
- Obtained a minimum average of 60% in previous year of study,
- Postgraduate students: must have completed a B. degree in one of the aforementioned fields of study.
*Preference will be given to disadvantaged students and in financial need.
HOW TO APPLY
Download and complete the Western Cape Provincial Treasury Bursary Application Form (pdf).
The following documents must accompany the complete application form:
- ID document (certified copy),
- Motivational letter explaining why you should be awarded the bursary,
- Proof of household income (payslip/ salary statement/ affidavit) (certified copy),
- Current Matric students must add:
- Grade 12 June exam results (certified copy),
- Grade 11 end of year exam results (certified copy),
- Copy of tertiary institution acceptance letter/ proof of application,
- Current tertiary students must add:
- Grade 12 certificate (certified copy),
- Tertiary academic results (certified copy).
Complete application forms and the above supporting documents can then be submitted in one of the following ways:
Mr D van Aarde
The Western Cape Provincial Treasury
Corporate Services Relations Management
Private Bag X9165
2) Hand delivered:
15 Wale Street
(please place it in the box marked “Provincial Treasury Bursary Applications”)
25 September annually.