W&RSETA Bursary South Africa.
ABOUT THE BURSAR
The Wholesale and Retail Sector Education and Training Authority (W&RSETA) is a public organisation, formed to encourage skill development in the Wholesale and Retail sector by way of grants, bursaries, training and learnerships. In 2011, the W&RSETA Bursary Scheme was born, with the aim of providing financial help to students studying wholesale and retail qualifications.
ABOUT THE BURSARY
W&RSETA will be awarding 1500 bursaries to new unemployed TVET students and 1000 bursaries to new unemployed HET students.
The bursary programme is open to students who are studying (or intend to study) within the Wholesale and Retail Sector Scarce Skills, particularly the following fields:
HETI UNIVERSITY PROGRAMMES (Degrees/ Diplomas):
- Food Technology/ Nutrition
- Financial Management
- Information Technology/ Computer Science
- Logistics Management
- Purchasing Management
- Retail Business Management
- Retail Pharmacy
- Sales and Marketing Management
- Supply Chain Management
NATED PROGRAMMES TVET (N4 – N6):
- Business Management
- Clothing Production
- Financial Management
- Hospitality and Catering Services
- Human Resource Management
- Management Assistant
- Marketing Management
NCV PROGRAMMES (LEVEL 2 – LEVEL 4):
- Accounting, Economics & Finance
- Information Technology & Computer Science
- Office Administration
- Transport and Logistics
The following expenses will be covered by the bursary programme: registration fees, tuition fees, prescribed books, meals and accommodation (to a max coverage of R45 000 for TVET College students and R65 000 for HET students).
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying:
- South African citizen,
- Accepted to study at a recognised tertiary institution (University/ TVET College) in South Africa,
- Studying (or intend on studying) full-time in one of the aforementioned fields.
*Please note: students who have previously applied via the NSFAS must reapply – the bursary scheme will now be administered by W&RSETA.
HOW TO APPLY
Download and complete the W&RSETA Bursary Application Form (pdf)
Please be sure to download and read the W&RSETA Bursary Application Guidelines (pdf) before applying.
Please include the following items in your application pack:
- ID document (certified copy)
- Full academic record/ statement of results
- Proof of tertiary registration/ admission
- Fees statement
- Proof of accommodation if residing in res and not reflecting on the fees statement
- Proof of parents/ guardian income (latest payslips)
Complete application forms and supporting documentation must be submitted to: email@example.com
For any bursary queries, please contact:
NSFAS (National Student Financial Aid Scheme)
Tel: 0860 067 327