Department of Tourism Bursary South Africa.
ABOUT THE BURSAR
The Department of Tourism is one of the many departments of the government in South Africa. The department is lead by Derek Hanekom, Minister of Tourism. The aim of the Department of Tourism is to develop and promote tourism, both within South Africa and from other countries to South Africa.
ABOUT THE BURSARY
Bursaries will be awarded to students studying within one of the following fields:
- Communication Science/ Media Studies/ Journalism
- Human Resource Development
- International Politics (Honours)
- Public Administration
- Public Relations Management
- Tourism Management
The bursary programme is not applicable to The National Department of Tourism employees.
Applicants must satisfy the below minimum criteria before applying:
- South African citizen,
- Studying full-time in one of the aforementioned fields of study,
- Studying at a recognised South African tertiary institution.
HOW TO APPLY
Download and complete the Department of Tourism Bursary Application Form (pdf).
Alternatively, the latest application forms can be downloaded at http://www.tourism.gov.za/Careers/Pages/Bursaries.aspx or collected from the reception area of the National Department of Tourism.
The following documents must accompany the application form:
- ID document (certified copy),
- Proof of qualifications (certified copy),
- Recent academic records and/ or Matric results (certified copy),
- Confirmation of registration (if registered with tertiary institution),
- Proof of household income (payslips – if parents are employed) OR affidavit (if parents are unemployed),
- Admission letter,
- Research proposal (Honours and Masters degree students),
- Motivational letter.
Complete application forms must then be submitted in one of the following ways:
Private Bag X424
17 Trevena Street
Attention: Mr Welcome Tshabalala OR Mr Loyiso Sobandla
15 January annually