Johannesburg Water Bursary South Africa
ABOUT THE BURSAR
Johannesburg Water (SOC) Ltd was founded in 2001, owned by the City of Johannesburg. The main purpose is to provide clean and safe water and sanitation for its some 5.3 million residents.
ABOUT THE BURSARY
Bursaries will be awarded within the following Water industry-related fields of study:
- Civil Engineering (BSc)
- Electrical Engineering (National Diploma)
- Mechanical Engineering (National Diploma)
The bursary award will cover the following study expenses: tuition fees, accommodation at university residence, paid vacation work and a cash allowance.
On completion of their studies, students will be required to undertake employment with Johannesburg Water (SOC) Ltd.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying:
- South African citizen
- Completed Matric
- Studying (or accepted to study) full-time in one of the aforementioned fields of study
- Enrolled at a Gauteng tertiary institution (UJ/ UP/ WITS/ TUT/ VUT)
- ND Electrical Engineering students: completed S1 OR completed Matric with a minimum of 70% for Physical Science and Mathematics
- ND Mechanical Engineering students: completed S1 OR completed Matric with a minimum of 70% for Physical Science and Mathematics
- BSc Civil Engineering students: completed first year OR completed Matric with a minimum of 70% for Physical Science and Mathematics
- Not previously awarded a bursary or other funding (excluding the NSFAS)
- Strong academic merit
- Proven financial need
*Preference will be given to female students and those with disabilities.
HOW TO APPLY
Alternatively, you can download the latest application form at: www.johannesburgwater.co.za
The following documents must accompany your complete application form:
- ID document (certified copy),
- Matric certificate (certified copy) OR latest Matric results (on school letterhead),
- Proof of admission/ registration from your tertiary institution (certified copies),
- Full updated academic record (original or certified copy),
- Parent/ Guardians ID documents (certified copies),
- Parent/ Guardians proof of income (certified copies of payslips or affidavit if unemployed).
Completed application forms and supporting documents must be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For any bursary queries, please contact:
Tel: 011 688 1400