List Of Dental Schools In South Africa
A dental school (school of dental medicine, school of dentistry, dental college) is a tertiary educational institution—or part of such an institution—that teachesdental medicine to prospective dentists.
- University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg
- University of the Western Cape, Tygerberg, Cape Town
- University of Pretoria, Pretoria
- University of Limpopo, MEDUNSA
- Cape Peninsula University of Technology
- Durban University of Technology
- University of KwaZulu-Natal
- University of Stellenbosch
Dentistry is a branch of medicine that is involved in the study, diagnosis, prevention, and treatment of diseases, disorders and conditions of the oral cavity, commonly in the dentition but also the oral mucosa, and of adjacent and related structures and tissues, particularly in the maxillofacial (jaw and facial) area.
A dentist, also known in the U.S. as a dental surgeon, is a surgeon who specializes in dentistry—the diagnosis, prevention, and treatment of diseases and conditions of the oral cavity. The dentist’s supporting team aids in providing oral health services