Lovedale TVET College courses offered
Overview of the N4 – N6 qualification
The National N4 – N6 programme (NATED) is aimed at post matric students. The courses are aimed at encouraging self employment and at developing students in the practical component of the work environment.
These courses lead to a National N Diploma: after completing N6 theory in the classroom, students need to acquire 18 months relevant, practical work experience, after which they can apply for the National Diploma.
Note: the National N Diploma is evaluated as an M+3 qualification.
Minimum requirements for completion
Candidates must comply with the following minimum requirements in order to obtain a National N Diploma:
- N6 Certificate
- Documentary proof of at least eighteen (18) months (or 2000 hours) of applicable experience in relevant industry
- This should facilitate the practical implementation of any two of the N6 subjects relevant to the candidate’s vocational training.
The National IN Diploma is evaluated as an M+3 qualification
National Nated-Diploma Programmes:
- National N-Diploma: Public Management (N4 – N6)
- National N-Diploma: Financial Management (N4 – N6)
- National N-Diploma: Human Resources Management (N4 – N6) – Part-Time
- National N-Diploma: Business Management (N4 -N6)
- National N-Diploma: Management Assistant (N4 – N6)
- National N-Diploma: Art & Design (N4 – N6)
- National N-Diploma: Farming Management (N4 – N6)
National Certificate (Vocational)
Overview of the NC(V) qualification
The National Certificate (Vocational) is aimed at pre-matric students. The courses are aimed at developing students in a certain specialization that leads to a strong career pathway.
- NC(V): Management (L2 – L4)
- NC(V): Office Administration (L2 – L4)
- NC(V): Finance, Economics & Accounting (L2 – L4)
- NC(V): Information Technology & Computer Science (L2 – L4)
- NC(V): Civil Engineering & Building Construction (L2 – L4)
- NC(V): Engineering & Related Design (L2 – L4)
- NC(V): Electrical Infrastructure Construction (L2 – L4)
- NC(V): Primary Agriculture (L2 – L4)
N1 – N3 Engineering Programmes
Engineering Foundational Programme
ALL potential N1 engineering students are strongly advised to do the Engineering Foundational Programme (1 trimester) in order to be well prepared for N1 – N3 engineering studies. The programme offers a solid foundation in engineering terminology, language, mathematics and science.
Overview of the N1 – N3 Engineering Programmes
The N1 – N3 Engineering courses are aimed to address the high skills demand in the country. It is a more affordable study option for learners who want to become artisans or wish to obtain their Grade 12 or equivalent qualification.
N1 – N3 Programmes:
- Capentry & Roofing (N1 – N3)
- Electrical (N1 – N3)
- Plumbing (N1 – N3)
- Masonry / Bricklaying (N1 – N3)
- Water & Sanitation (N1 – N3)
- Motor Body Repair (N1 – N3)
- Motor Mechanic (N1 – N3)
- Welding (N1 – N3)