Michael Oak Waldorf School seeks to awaken the whole child towards creative responsibility, developing confident, balanced individuals empowered to work with the challenges of today and tomorrow.
Michael Oak is a diverse coeducational school from Playgroup to Matric. It is one of 16 Waldorf Schools in South Africa and more than 1000 worldwide. Established in 1962, Michael Oak has around 430 pupils at Nursery, Primary and High school levels situated on our campus in the heart of Kenilworth, Cape Town.
Beginning in the Nursery, in a welcoming and beautiful environment, the children’s days are filled with artistic and practical work, imaginative play, fairy tales, music, circle games and healthy outdoor play. Although there is no formal intellectual work at this stage, the children acquire numerous skills that provide a firm foundation for on-going development.
Michael Oak Waldorf School Tuition and Fees Structure
Michael Oak is an independent school, not run for profit. Limited government subsidies have been erratic and are uncertain. The school is reliant on the fees paid by parents. The bulk of these fees go directly towards the salaries of the teachers, and the daily running costs of the school.
As such, the school needs to maintain financial discipline. Fees are payable monthly in advance, over 12 months. Late payments will incur penalties.
Parents encountering payment difficulties – please contact the School Business Manager as soon as possible. Michael Oak has a limited financial assistance scheme providing for primary and high school children.
INTRODUCTORY TALK FOR PARENTS
You are warmly invited to our Introductory Talk for Prospective and Current Waldorf Parents on Saturday 7 September from 10h00 to 12h00. Attending one of these talks is an integral part of the application process, and it is expected that parents new to Michael Oak will attend one if they have not already done so.
Booking is essential: Please email Lynn at the address below with your name, contact details and whether you require child-minding, which is available for children aged 3+.
Michael Oak Waldorf School Application Process
1. The Paperwork (plus Application Fee)
(You can download the relevant documents on the right, or get them from school reception.)
- Complete both sides of the general application form, answer all the questions and make sure that the form is signed.
- An application administration fee of R500 must accompany the application – please note that this fee is not refundable.
- For applications for Primary, Middle and High school, a copy of your child’s most recent report must accompany the application (not originals please).
- A copy of your child’s birth certificate must be included.
- There are two extra application forms for the High school, for completion by both parents and pupils. There is also a section to be completed by the current teacher, to be sent to us direct.
- Copies of any medical, psychological or therapists’ reports and/or assessments, if there are any, must be sent.
- A letter of motivation from you, giving your reasons for applying to send your child to Michael Oak, and giving a picture of your child’s strengths and weaknesses.
PHONE: 021 797 9728
FAX: 021 797 1207
4 Marlow Rd, Kenilworth, 7708, South Africa
Lynn Kerchhoff at firstname.lastname@example.org