Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University Pharmacy Technician
Pharmacy Technicians are able to practice in any sector of pharmacy, like manufacturing, wholesale, community or institutional pharmacy. They manage medicine supply, assist with the selection and preparation of products for dispensing and assist in general medicine-related administrative functions.
AVAILABLE COURSES / QUALIFICATIONS:
ADVANCED CERTIFICATE IN PHARMACY TECHNICAL SUPPORT (60030) – SOUTH CAMPUS , FULL TIME
Admission is subject to a pass in the Higher Certificate: Pharmacy Support NQF level 5.
HIGHER CERTIFICATE IN PHARMACY SUPPORT (60010) – SOUTH CAMPUS , FULL TIME
ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS FOR CURRENT GRADE 12 LEARNERS
- Admission Points Score of 28.
- Minimum NSC requirements for higher certificate entry must be met.
- English, Afrikaans or isiXhosa (home language or first additional language) on at least level 3 (40-49%).
- NSC achievement rating of at least 2 (30-39%) for Mathematics or at least 4 (50-59%) for Mathematical Literacy.
- NSC achievement rating of at least 3 (40-49%) for Life Sciences. or a rating of at least 3(40%-49%) for Physical Science.
- Applicants with an Admission Points Score between 24 and 27 may be referred to write the Access Assessment Test before a decision is made on whether or not to admit the applicant to the programme.
ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS FOR APPLICANTS WHO MATRICULATED PRIOR TO 2008
- School Performance Score (SPS) of 25.
- Senior Certificate.
- Mathematics at a HG F (33-39%) or SG E (40-49%).
- A pass in Biology. or Physical Science
- Applicants with School Performance Score between 21 and 24 may be referred to write the Access Assessment Test before a decision is made on whether or not to admit the applicant to the programme.