Passenger Rail Agency of South Africa (PRASA) Bursary.
ABOUT THE BURSAR
The Passenger Rail Agency of South Africa (PRASA) is a Government owned enterprise, responsible for majority of the passenger rail services in SA. PRASA is made up of four branches: Autopax, Intersite, Shosholoza Meyl and Metrorail.
ABOUT THE BURSARY
Bursaries are generally awarded for technical courses and qualifications in Operations and Engineering.
The bursary will cover the following expenses: registration fees, tuition, prescribed books, accommodation and meals on campus.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying:
- South African citizen,
- Completed Matric,
- Currently studying towards a Technical qualification/ a qualification in the Operations or Engineering field,
- Achieving high academic results.
HOW TO APPLY
Application forms can be obtained in one of the following ways:
1) From the PRASA Hatfield office (per the address below)
2) From the PRASA website: www.prasa.com
3) Via post (please request an application form by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org/ email@example.com)
Please include the following items in your application pack:
- ID document (certified copy),
- Matric certificate (certified copy),
- Latest academic record (on the tertiary institution letterhead) (certified copy),
- Motivational letter stating why you should be awarded the bursary, and how this will make a difference in your community.
Complete application forms and supporting documentation must be submitted to:
The Bursary Department
Human Capital Management
Room 214, Second Floor
1040 Burnett Street
(Please note: no emailed or faxed applications will be accepted)
30 September annually.