Walter Sisulu University WSU Account Number
Account details for direct transfer payments:
Name of account: WSU cost recovery
Reference: PSSA 2010
Name of Bank: Standard Bank
Branch Name: Mthatha West
Branch Code: 052621
Account number: 080883613
The office of the IKS Chair at the Centre for Rural Development at WSU is advertising NRF Bursaries for individuals who are interested in pursuing the Honours, Master’s or Ph.D programmes with a focus on Indigenous Knowledge (IK) and Rural Development.
The focus of research guided by the Chair is the rediscovery of Indigenous Knowledge (IK). This research will serve as a vehicle for the elevation and integration of this knowledge within Science and Technology, teaching and learning, and application to Rural Industrial Development with Rural Cooperative Enterprises as a point of departure.
Specific Research Areas will cover the following, but not exclusively:
- IKS and natural resource management, heritage, beliefs, values, etc.;
- IK integration within curricula, capacity building and training programmes;
- IK and textile, clothing and design;
- IK and knowledge management;
- IK food production and security;
- IK manufacturing and commercialization;
- Interaction between IK and western forms of science and knowing;
- Restoration of indigenous pride and identity.
Interested Honours’ candidates should have completed an undergraduate/B. degree. MA/MSc. candidates should have completed a four year degree/Honours, and Ph.D candidates should have completed MA/MSc. Degree or equivalent.