Women in IT Bursary South Africa
ABOUT THE BURSAR
Women in IT is made up of a bursary and mentorship programme, with the aim of helping women in the Information Technology field to develop their skills within the industry.
The organisation was established in 2005 and has since helped 14 young women to complete their studies.
ABOUT THE BURSARY
The bursary value is R20 000 to R30 000, depending on the number of subjects students require for the year of study.
Short-listed applicants will be required to attend an interview with the bursary panel (during November) and winners will be announced before the end of November.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying:
- South African citizen
- Female student,
- Studying full-time in the IT or ICT field,
- Will be in her final year of study in the upcoming year (year of the bursary award),
- Not currently employed,
- In financial need,
- Determined to success and make an impact on the IT industry.
HOW TO APPLY
The motivation must be around 500 words and should include details about career goals and instances where they have used their knowledge and skills that would ensure their success in the IT field.
The following information should accompany the motivation:
- Students full name,
- Students date of birth,
- Students ID number,
- Students contact numbers (mobile and home),
- Students email address,
- Details of professional and academic history and experience,
- Two references: their names, titles, positions, relationships with the applicant and contact details.
30 October annually.