2019 Novus Holdings Apprenticeship Programme
CLOSING DATE: 2018/11/16
Novus Print, a division of Novus Holdings, is currently seeking applicants for the 2019 apprenticeship programme in the printing/mechanical/electrical trade commencing January 2019.
Successful candidates will earn a monthly stipend whilst completing their trade. The programme consist of 4 – 5 months facilitated theoretical training at the Novus Academy (in Cape Town), followed by approximately 26 – 30 months core experiential training at the Paarl Media KZN entity. This is in preparation of the respective trade tests.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
• The successful applicants will be contracted as apprenticesthrough FP&M SETA
• The successful applicants will enter into a fixed term training contract with the employer and the SETA for the duration of training
• Phase 1: Complete approximately 4-5 months theoretical training at the Novus Academy, Western Cape
• Phase 2 to 4: Complete approximately 26-30 months at Paarl Media KZN for the core experiential component of the training
• There is no contractual obligation with regards to permanent placement after completion of the apprenticeship programme
• Grade 12 with Mathematics or Mathematical Literacy
• Mathematics or Mathematical Literacy with a pass rate of 50% (Please attached matric certificate or latest academic results)
• A technical foundation would be advantageous
• Previous shift work experience advantageous
Skills & Competencies
• Proficiency in English (all course material is in English)
• Willingness to work shifts
• Exceptional colour perception
• A technical interest or demonstrated technical aptitude would be an advantage
We are committed to Employment Equity when recruiting internally and externally. It is company policy to promote from within wherever possible. Therefore, please be aware that internal candidates will be considered first before reviewing external applicants, provided that this supports achievement of our Employment Equity goals.