Maitland Group is seeking a Legal Intern who will work in the Private Client Services business unit within the Legal Advisory team. The incumbent will be responsible for assisting with the administration of various trust and private client matters including estate planning and the drafting of wills and other legal documents.
- An LLB Degree or studying towards an LLB Degree.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Legal Intern will be expected to assist the Legal Advisory with team following matters:
• Implementation of international corporate transactions and restructurings;
• Structuring and implementation of offshore structures;
• Tax, trust and estate planning for High Net Worth families;
• Tax planning for international corporate structuring and restructuring.
Skills and Competencies
The successful candidate will have:
• Good judgment, thoughtfulness and confidence
• Must be self-disciplined & be able to work under pressure The suitable candidate will receive training through coaching and mentoring
• Self-learning will be required on an ongoing basis;
• Attendance at internal training including webinars, workshops and work groups;
• Attendance at suitable external seminars and training events.
Location: Cape Town
Closing Date: 26 March 2020
We are committed to Transformation when recruiting. It is company policy to promote from within wherever possible. Therefore, please be aware that internal candidates will be considered first before reviewing external applicants, with due consideration given to our Transformation goals.