What you need
You have an NSC or NCV with an endorsement that allows entrance to degree studies (bachelor’s degree) or an equivalent qualification.
You meet all the minimum admission requirements for the programme you intend to study.
Meeting the minimum admission requirements for your chosen/intended programme of study, does not guarantee admission, as limited spaces are available in each programme.
You have a minimum level of 4 (50%) in the chosen UFS language of instruction: English or Afrikaans (only applicable to certain programmes).
You must pass certain school subjects with a minimum level of achievement in order to take a certain university module. For example, you must get a mark of at least 70% for Mathematics in Grade 12 if you plan to study BSc majoring in Physics with Engineering subjects.
Please refer to the 2020 UFS Prospectus for the minimum admission requirements, which include the respective compulsory subjects and the required achievement levels per programme.
BECOME A STUDENT
Applications to study a non-selection programme in 2021, close on 30 September 2020.
Limited space is available; apply now to avoid disappointment.
Application fee: You do not have to pay an application fee.
To become a student at the University of the Free State, you have to:
- APPLY for two study options, be finally
- ADMITTED with your Grade 12 NSC results, and
To become a student at the University of the Free State, you need to:
- apply for two study options – if one option is a selection programme, we advise you to choose a non-selection programme as the second option, because space is limited;
- be finally admitted with your final Grade 12 NSC or IEB results;
- pay the prescribed first payment five (5) working days prior to registration; and
- register in 2021 before classes start.