Johannesburg Polytechnic International Student Information
Information for Prospective International Student:
We are always excited when we receive new international students at our institution, however in recent years, the Department of Home Affairs has noted an abuse of the Provisional Letters of Admission where prospective students receive student permits but do not attend their courses, and the senate has decided to review the rules and regulations governing issuance of admission letters.
With the new immigration regulations, there has been fundamental changes on the onus of the Polytechnic in lieu of reporting and documentation of International students.
As from 1st April 2014 all international students must hold a valid student visa for Johannesburg Polytechnic.
For the purpose of registration and study in Johannesburg Polytechnic, we define an International Student as a student who comes from a foreign country which requires a study permit to study in the Republic of South Africa.
As such the following are not International Students:
- A Citizen of South Africa with a Green ID Book or Smart Card
- A permanent resident with a Green ID Book or Smart Card
- A recognized refugee with a red ID card or with a Section 24 Permit
- An Asylum Seeker with a Section 22 Permit
All other nationalities must have a valid student visa to study at Johannesburg Polytechnic.
- South Africa Immigration Service – Types of Visas
- Rhodes University External funding
- Refugee Status & Asylum In south Africa
- Johannesburg Polytechnic ACCA Minimum Entry Requirements
- Rhodes University Funding for Overseas Study
- South Africa Immigration Service – Applying…
- University of Pretoria UP Postgraduate Scholarships
- The South African Army Application form And Training
- THE SOUTH AFRICAN ARMY
- Types of Temporary Residency Visas In South africa