Journalist Intern Vacancy in S.Africa Jan/Feb 2017
Thando Mohlamme – Journalist Intern in S.Africa 2017
|Job policy:||Employment Equity position|
The program offers recently graduated, aspiring journalists an opportunity to acquire journalistic skills within a fully convergent newsroom and multimedia environment of radio, print and digital platforms.
The successful candidate will be expected to work at Central Media Group newsroom on a full time basis for a ten (10) month period.
At the end of the internship the candidate should be able to successfully complete the following:
Sourcing strong story ideas, doing interviews, writing a radio news story/bulletin, re-angling stories, adding value to stories (soundbites, photos, videos etc.) handling press releases, doing follow-ups where necessary, building an extensive contact network and be active on all social media such as Facebook and Twitter.
- Completed relevant degree or national diploma in journalism/media/ communication or equivalent
- Code B driver’s license essential (own vehicle advantageous)
- Have a passion for journalism and a sound general knowledge of news and current affairs
- Have exceptional communication and writing skills
- Be able to work under pressure and keep to tight deadlines
- A working knowledge of a camera and voice recorders
- Have computer and internet literacy
- Basic journalistic skills in news identification, news gathering and news presentations
- Be able to work closely with a diverse news team
+27 51 505 0900