Luma Consulting: Forestry Supervisor (Australia) (LC_439) Job 2019
Contract Type: Permanent
Essentials: BAgric (Forestry); BSc (Environmental Resource Management) or related; >3y experience in a forestry operations environment; excited to expand your career internationally; physically fit
Location: Melbourne, VIC, Australia
Salary: market related (benefits and relocation expenses included)
Are you a passionate forester looking for an opportunity to work in the international forestry and agriculture industry?
Our client is a well-established, privately owned company in Australia looking for new talent to join their team as a Forestry Supervisor. The forestry division’s operations include harvesting, haulage, chipping and whole log export to the Far- and Middle-Eastern markets.
The Forestry Supervisor will be responsible for the following (not exhaustive):
- Managing day to day operations (planning, harvesting, haulage, compliance) in Victoria and Tasmania to ensure customer satisfaction
- Managing plantation development consent/planning
- Managing local customer relationships
- Managing supplier relationships
- Performing operational audits and risk assessments
- Assisting in assessing new initiatives and projects
The position is based in Melbourne, VIC, Australia.
Local and interstate travel will be part of the position
Do you have a love for natural resources? Are you able to plan effectively? Can you communicate and negotiate well? Are you able to quickly assess a situation and make sound decisions? Are you able to work independently? Are you physically fit?
Are you looking for an opportunity to expand your career in forestry in a new territory?
THIS MAY THEN BE THE RIGHT POSITION FOR YOU!
The area is well suited to families.
- BSc or BAgric (Forestry, Environmental Resource Management or related)
- >3 years’ experience in the Forestry industry
Commencement: as soon as possible
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
To apply for this job please click on the link above or below