Machine Operator Kliprivier Job 2019 at Twinsaver
Preferred start date: 02 Sep 2019
Application closing date: 23 Aug 2019
Employment type: Full-time
- To efficiently control and run the plant (tissue machine and virgin stock prep) to produce paper according to the quality specifications and standards laid down for the grade being produced.
- Monitors paper sheet properties and makes the necessary changes to ensure target values of the product specification are achieved; Samples and tests paper according to relevant quality testing procedures. Conduct visual inspection on all reels coming off machine.
- Monitor pulp quality and make necessary changes for optimum machine runnability. Conduct pulp testing as per set SOP.
- Ensuring the maximum production is achieved at all times. Operating the plant (tissue machine and virgin stock prep) with the aid of the DCS while trouble shooting to prevent problems from re-occurring.
- Performs continuous improvement on the tissue paper properties and optimisation of the machine settings to reduce energy and operating costs.
- Ensures correct chemical dosages are applied; ensures that machine water DAF units are checked and necessary changes made to correct quality.
- Must maintain good housekeeping in and around the machine to reduce health and fire risk. Follow formal cleaning procedures relating to the machine area; Conduct periodic walkabouts to audit housekeeping requirements and action necessary cleaning
- Adherence to safety and Health regulations and execution of duties in accordance with safe work procedures pertaining to the job is required. Reports to the SPL any defects or incidents noticed that are unsafe or might result in an accident or unnecessary loss.
- Cooperates with supervisors and fellow team members in order to strengthen the team. Follows all reasonable instructions from his supervisor or superiors.
- Educational Qualification: National Diploma Pulp & Paper or Chem. Eng.
KNOWLEDGE AND COMPETENCIES
- Knowledge and Experience: 1 year in a paper manufacturing environment
- Skills and Competencies: Must be able to drive an overhead crane
- Skills and Competencies: Must be able to drive clamp truck and forklift
- Abilities: High physical energy levels; comfortable performing repetitive tasks; adapt well to changes in job requirements
- Personal Attributes/Qualities: Good communication skills (verbal & written); be a team player (be able to work with other people)
- Overhead Crane Licence, Forklift/Clamp truck license
- Shift work
- Work at heights
- High noise; dust and high heat environment
OTHER – CLOSING DATE
Please note that if we do not contact you within two weeks after closing date, consider your application is unsuccessful