STBB Vacation Work Application 2017
The closing date for applications for articles (2018) is on 30 April 2017.
Only candidates who qualify for interviews will be notified after the closing date, while interviews will be conducted during June 2017.
Download Vacation Work Application
How many Candidate Attorneys do you recruit on an annual basis?
The number of candidates is linked to the business needs; therefore it could differ from year to year. As our business needs are growing, we will recruit between 10 to 12 Candidate Attorneys for 2018.
Do you guarantee permanent employment after completion of articles?
Based on the high number of Candidate Attorneys which we take on board per annum; we unfortunately cannot guarantee permanent employment after 2 years. Once again, the business needs will determine if any Associate positions would be available.
What are the qualities you look for in an applicant?
- Vacation work / practical exposure is essential
- Community work
- Leadership qualities / Team player
- Business Writing Skills
- Ability to speak in public
- Fairly strong academic records
- Strong people skills
- Well-balanced individual with lots of personality, energy & a passion for law!
Do you offer articles at your Gauteng and Western Cape Branches?
- Yes, we do offer articles at our Illovo branch.
We also place Candidate Attorneys in the following Western Cape branches:
- Cape Town
- Fish Hoek
- Table View
- Tyger Valley
- Somerset Mall
Do you rotate your Candidate Attorneys during their 2 years of articles
- Yes, our Candidate Attorneys have 4 rotations during their 2 years of articles at STBB. Should they wish to remain for 12 months in a specific department and the operational requirements can justify that, then we are flexible to accommodate this request.
- Candidates who have completed the LEAD course are only required to sign a contract for 1 year, but we still recommend that candidates would consider a 2-year contract to obtain the maximum practical exposure to the industry
- We offer monthly internal training sessions at our head office in Cape Town.
- We also encourage candidates to attend external workshops as advertised by the Cape Law Society and other credible learning providers
When is the closing date for vacation work ?
- Students may apply for vacation work throughout the year with the following closing dates:
- For the July program, running 3 until 7 July 2017, the closing date is on the 30th of April 2017
- For the December program, running 27 November until 1 December 2017, the closing date is on the 31st October 2017
May I submit my application for 2019 this year ?
- Yes, we do accept applications for 2019; while we will request that you forward certified copies of your updated academic transcripts to us before the closing date on 30 April 2018.
- Interviews will be conducted during June 2018; while successful candidates will be notified during July 2018.
Documents required to apply for articles :
· Cover letter
· Summarized CV
· Certified copy of Identity Document
· Certified copies of all Degree Certificates
· Certified copies of academic transcripts
· A Certificate of Good Conduct from the Registrar of the University attended
· Two dated character references / testimonials which are not older than 6 months
Contact details to apply for articles :
For attention: Marianne Marais (HR Manager)
Fax number: (021) 419 6607
Contact Number : (021) 406 9100
Postal address: PO Box 395, Cape Town 8000