2020 Volvo Group Southern Africa Graduate Opportunity
Volvo Group Southern Africa provides a Graduate internship opportunity for six months in the following area: Purchasing Department at our Volvo Trucks Head Office. This internship is situated in Boksburg.
Reporting: This role will report to the Purchasing Director
When you join Volvo Group Purchasing, you will become part of a global network with more than 1,300 professionals in 50 different sites across 25 countries. We offer unique opportunities for you to connect with people across functions, and we are passionate to accelerate your career through competence development.
The successful candidate will have exposure to the following areas within Purchasing:
- Assist buyers in Following-up on orders, contracts and filing
- Assist buyers in communication with internal stakeholders and suppliers
- Update supplier information in databases
- Support in administration of purchasing systems
- Provide general support to buyers in purchasing process
- Assist on data analysis and reporting
- Other administrative tasks
Education & Job Experience
- Must have a qualification in Business Administration
- Good communication skill and strong working motivation
- Good interpersonal skills
- Strong Administrative skills
- Responsible and detail-driven
- Be familiar with Microsoft Office tools and data base management
- Computer Literacy, Microsoft office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint),
- Time management skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Good communication (written and verbal) skills in English.
Volvo Group Southern Africa (Pty) Ltd is an affirmative action, equal employment opportunity employer.
Volvo Group Purchasing has 125 BSEK in Purchasing annual spend and 2,550 suppliers in serial production. Only for the truck business, 2 billion truck parts were delivered to 40 plants around the world. By scouting and working with high performing suppliers, we deliver the best possible products and service that bring value to our customers. We support the Volvo Group’s mission ‘Driving prosperity through transport solutions’ by applying the principles of Code of Conduct and sustainable sourcing to the purchasing processes.