The University of Witwatersrand (Wits) is strategically located in Johannesburg, a world class city, with countless opportunities for students and staff to engage. Those on campus have the chance to present solutions that will contribute to our country’s knowledge-base and build our future. The origins of Wits lie in the South African School of Mines, which was established in Kimberley in 1896 and transferred to Johannesburg as the Transvaal Technical Institute in 1904.
Apply To Study At University of the Witwatersrand
To apply to the University of the Witwatersrand Application , you need the documents below :
1) A certified copy of the green bar coded ID
2) Proof of payment of any relevant application fees
3) Certified copy of grade 11 results and any latest grade 12 results
For a full list of tips to remember before you apply, read here. Applicants must check individual further requirements for each course and each tertiary institution. Please also be aware of NBTs and check with your university if you need NBT results to apply. For more information on NBT’s click here.
FYI: South Africans learners wishing to apply online will need a working email address and an ID number. Foreign learners wishing to apply will need to have their passport number.
University of the Witwatersrand Online Application status
- Upload your supporting documents
- View your Academic Application and its Status. (This will inform you of the most recent decision made and will also let you know if we require further documentation from you)
- View your Financial Aid Application (NSFAS) status or your Scholarship and Bursary application status (if applicable)
- View your Residence Status (if applicable)
- View your Personal Information (eg: addresses and phone numbers)
- Access and print your Fees statement
- Check your timetable and venues
- View and amend Personal information
- Check your application status
- Pay your fees online
- View final examination results
- View examination timetable
- View graduation dates
If any of the information is incorrect or if you have any queries, please consult your faculty office.
If you have any queries please contact the Student Call Centre on 0117171888
What is University of the Witwatersrand Online Application Date?
- 30 June (Faculty of Health Sciences; Bachelor of Architecture; Bachelor of Audiology, Bachelor of Speech-Language Pathology, Bachelor of Arts in Film and TV)
- 30 September (all other programmes)
What is University of the Witwatersrand Online Application Fees?
- R100 (SA citizen)
- R700 (International applicants)
- Non-refundable application fee of R100 for South African citizens
- Non-refundable application fee for foreign citizens of R700
- Payments to be made before closing dates.
- Use your T Number or Person Number as reference
How to pay
Deposit exact amount into the University’s Application Fee account:
- Standard Bank, Account name: Wits University – Application Fees. Current Account Number: 200 346 385, Branch code: Braamfontein 004 805. CI Number 074A. (International payment swift code: SBZAZAJJ). Use your person/student number as a reference.
- Pay by cash or credit card at the Wits Fees Office, Ground Floor, Solomon Mahlangu House (Senate House), Braamfontein Campus East, Jorissen Street, Braamfontein, Johannesburg, South Africa. Use your person/student number as a reference.
- EFT – Use your T Number or person/student number as the reference.
University of the Witwatersrand Online Application Form
Does your degree programme have additional selection procedures? Some degrees have additional selection requirements such as portfolio and essay submissions, auditions or National Benchmark Tests. Please click on Additional Forms below to see if this applies to you.