Swedish Institute Scholarships For South Africa (SISSA) 2019
The Swedish Government is offering ten scholarships to talented and ambitious South African students who wish to pursue their Master’s degree at a university in Sweden.
Swedish Institute Scholarships For South Africa (SISSA)
We grant scholarships to a large number of master’s programmes starting in the autumn semester 2019.
The scholarship is intended for full-time one-year or two-year master’s programmes, and is only awarded for programmes starting in the autumn semester.
The scholarship is granted for one academic year (two semesters) at a time
It will be extended for programmes longer than two semesters, provided that the student has passed his/her courses/credits.
The scholarship period cannot be changed or extended beyond the awarded scholarship period, nor can the scholarship be transferred to a study programme other than the awarded master’s programme.
Priority will be given to applicants who:
have completed bachelor’s with honours or equivalent from a South African university, and
choosing study programmes with an emphasis on one of the following subject areas (listed in alphabetical order, no priority or ranking is implied):
- Computer science and IT
- Design (industrial design, architecture, urban/regional planning)
- Environmental technology/Sustainable development
- Gender studies
- Public health
You should only submit the required documents listed below in your online scholarship application.
HOW TO APPLY
To begin with, apply for a master’s programme at universityadmissions.se, between 16 October 2018 – 15 January 2019.
Apply for an SI scholarship between 4 – 14 February 2019, follow the instructions below.
Up to 10 scholarships will be awarded to South African citizens attending master’s studies starting in the autumn semester 2019.
The compulsory documents required are:
- A motivation letter: you must use the SISSA form for motivation letter. The form will be available here in January 2019.
- A Curriculum Vitae (CV): you must use the SISSA template for CV and the CV should not exceed the number of pages indicated in the template. Additional pages will not be considered. The template will be available here in January 2019.
- A copy of your passport: your personal data including name, citizenship and photograph must be shown clearly.
- Copy of passport should be included together with the CV as a last page. It is your responsibility to ensure that you have a copy of your valid passport showing that your citizenship is South Africa, to include in your application.
- Make sure you have a complete application
A complete application must consist of:
- a completed motivation letter
- a CV
- a copy of your valid passport
If your application is missing one of the required documents above, it will be disqualified.
Opportunity Closing Date: Tuesday, January 15, 2019